This is a great recipe, works every time and is very well received by all family and friends. I spotted it on Pinterest and decided to give it a go for Elisabeth’s birthday party. What makes them even better is that you can freeze them and they keep really well somthey can be made in advance and finished off in the oven on the day of your party. They will taste as good as fresh.
The original recipe came from Kevin & Amanda’s blog for Food, Travel & Photography. You will find it at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/cheesy-party-burgers-aka-diamond-burgers/
- 750g lean beef mince
- 1tsp cumin
- 1tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can chopped tomatoes drained
- 12 slices mature cheddar, or jarlsberg or any melty cheese of your choice
- 12 burger buns
For the glaze
- 1/2 block butter (125gr)
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs mustard
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ 350 F/ Gas 4. Brush a 9×13 inch baking tray with melted butter.
- Using a large non stick pan mix the beef, cumin, mustard powder, smoked paprika, salt & pepper. Add the onions and cook until the beef is nicely browned and the onions are golden.
- Stir in e drained chopped tomatoes and remove from the heat.
- Slice the burger buns and place the bottom half in the baking tray.
- Top with the beef mixture and sliced cheese and finish off with the top half of the burger bun.
- At this stage you can freeze the burgers and just take them out of the freezer the day before your party. Let them defrost fully at room temperature and continue with the next stage.
- Mix all the ingredients for the glaze in a sauce pan over medium heat until melted and well combined.
- Brush your buns with the beautiful shiny glaze making sure you use every single drop of it because it is what makes this really delicious.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.