This recipe is a very recent addition to our family favourites. I always loved coconut macaroons, they are quite popular in Greek patisseries. Recently one of my Greek cousins posted a photo of her baked coconut macaroons on social media and I instantly thought I have to have the recipe. She gladly shared it with me urging me to try it, since it is a very easy and low ingredient recipe, and she was so right! With just three ingredients (four if you like to add a cherry on top) you have delicious chewy coconut delights! Sweet and moist, just perfect. I really hope you give this one a try!
- 4 eggs
- 400g unsweetened dessicated coconut
- 400g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 40 glace cherries (almost 1/2 tub)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ Gas 4.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking parchment.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well using a woodwn spoon or your hands (I love to get my hands dirty when baking)
- Shape your biscuits round and place a cherry on top of each biscuit, gently pushing it in to secure it.
- Arrange the biscuits in the trays making sure you leave at least 1-2 cm space between them.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool fully on a wire rack.
- Store in am airtight container.
- Enjoy irresponsibly!