So I bought some chia seeds a while back to add to the girls breakfast and enhance their snacks.. I used them in baking before but never made chia pudding until the other day..
Now, my vegan friends will not be impressed but I used cows milk, honey and fruit to make it, just because this is what was in the fridge..
I was unsure of the jellylike texture and was not sure of the look of it either. I thought the girls might not be too keen but I was proven wrong. We all enjoyed it thoroughly and I will definitely be trying different versions of it in the future.
- 5tbs chia seeds
- 2tbs honey
- 1 1/2 cup milk of your choice
- 5 strawberries mashed
- 1 mango chopped and mashed
- 1 banana peeled and mashed
- Extra sliced strawberries and mint or basil leaves to decorate
- Mix the honey, chia seeds and milk in a jug or bowl and place in the fridge. Ideally leave to soak and set overnight. If not, a couple of hours should be enough for the seeds to expand and set your pudding.
- When chia pudding is set, mix the mashed banana and mango into a smooth purée.
- Place your cups next to each other in the counter and spoon each mixture in layers until all used up.
- Decorate with a sliced strawberry and some mint or basil leaves.