This is a great recipe that produces soft, fruity muffins, sugar free but full of flavour! Great as a healthy kids or mummy snack or breakfast on the go. I found this recipe at the Wings and Roots website where Beth shares some great recipes, crafts ideas and learning tasks to help little ones develop their palette, skills and abilities.
- 340g self raising flour
- 25g oats (plus an extra handful for sprinkling before baking)
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 egg, whisked
- 135ml milk
- 3 tbsp Greek or natural yogurt
- 60ml vegetable oil
- 150g blueberries
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F and line a muffin tin with 12 cases or a mini muffin tray with 24 mini cases!
- Add the flour and oats into a mixing bowl and stir together.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix well until it is all combined into a sticky dough.
- Add in the blueberries and gently fold them into the dough.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cases and sprinkle the spare oats and cinnamon over the top of the muffins.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until they are firm and golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Enjoy!